Sunday, January 14, 2018

Interview with author Helen Whapshott

First post of 2018! I’m interviewing fellow author Helen Whapshott, who is also published by Little Bird Publishing House. The third book in her Young Adult series The Glow is out now!

So hi. What’s your name and what do you write? 
Hi, my name is Helen Whapshott and I write paranormal and supernatural meets the modern world.

When did you start writing and why?
I’ve been writing since I was able too, short stories on scrap paper.

What were the biggest challenges about becoming a published author?
Approaching publishers and getting rejected.

Shout out your publisher and tell us how they helped you on your creative journey.
Little Bird Publishers were willing to give my first book The Glow a chance and were supportive from the very start giving advice and suggesting how to get out there.

Where can we find out more about them? 
They are on facebook, twitter and their website is www.littlebirdpublishinghouse.com.

What are you working on right now? 
A book for adults.

Who is your favourite character you’ve written and why do they speak to you so much? 
Daisy from The Glow, The Shine and The Blaze, she’s an outsider and doesn’t let her differences get her down.

Do world events and politics influence your writing? 
No, I like to keep my subjects mundane.

How important are places you have visited and where you live to your writing?
Burley in The New Forest influenced Threshold.

Share with us your favourite line from your most recent release. 
“I’m not frightened of you,” Megan sniffled.
“I know.” Daisy waited until the flames were completely gone before pulling her best friend into a hug. “No matter what happens, you’ll never lose me. I promise.”

Tell us five things that you love in life.
1. My family
2. My job as a nursery nurse.
3. Reading
4. Writing
5. Chocolate.

Tell us five things that you hate in life. 
1. Not being able to help people.
2. Racism and prejudice.
3. Rudeness
4. Cruelty.
5. War

What book started your love of reading?
Hans Christian Anderson collection of fairy tales.

Tell us about your most recent release.
The Blaze the final part of my trilogy. As best friends Megan and Daisy come to terms with Scott's disappearance, they discover the adult world is full of terrible truths and realities. But they also learn that friendship and true love has the power to shine light in even the darkest hours.

Where can we buy it?
Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1981892710/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1513797384&sr=8-2&keywords=The+Blaze+by+Helen+Whapshott
https://www.amazon.com/Glow-Book-One-Helen-Whapshott-ebook/dp/B00IX2EI9Q

Where can we find you on social media?
I’m on Twitter @Witchypie and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Helen-Whapshott-736578773053444/

Thank you so much, Helen for dropping by the blog, best of luck with your latest release and hopefully many more to come!

Update on the blog: as usual, all is madness behind the scenes. I want to blog more frequently in 2018, but that will be subject to life. Hold tight and stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment